Stoney Creek Environment Committee
The Stoney Creek Environment Committee is a registered nonprofit society under BC Nature, dedicated to protecting, preserving and enhancing the natural habitat and wildlife of the Stoney Creek watershed.
Their projects and partnerships bring together a community of volunteers to:
- preserve Stoney Creek as a showcase of urban salmon-bearing streams,
- maintain the water and habitat quality for both the fish and wildlife of the area,
- raise public awareness of natural urban corridors and to bring people and nature together,
- provide opportunities for environmental education in the outdoor classroom that is Stoney Creek,
- promote partnership between the various stakeholders who are active in the area.
You can also find the SCEC hosting and attending community events such as the Great Salmon Send-Off and BC Rivers Day.